We'll all float on anyway...
[html]

She accepted his display of neutrality, and the tone in her body language told him that she understood that he was not there to harm her. Anu had taught him how to treat females, and it was without aggression and with respect. She was of a pack, and he knew well what stood behind her. Even though she was alone, she would still have their protection. Even if it came in the form of revenge. Despite his friendly nature and desire to honor other creatures, Oak knew to revere the pack.

There had been a community in the small house and garden that they stood beside. A pack from what Oak could imagine. Crimson Dreams had been about that size when it had been broken apart, and they had had lands and a grand territory.

He listened as she gushed. It was a an excitement that he found females tended to express, though he hadn’t seen Cassia speak in such a way. He could draw a smile from her, and happiness but that had only been because he had invited her to their camp fire. Oak tired to listen, and as she described the lands he found himself growing more curious. He understood the excited tone now, the place that she spoke of was something he had never seen before. Though Oak had obviously not been very far or seen many lands.

The male gave a nod, I am. I live in Berwick, there is an orchard there that I share with a few others. I was once of Crimson Dreams. But its no more. He tried to keep himself from faltering in his words, trying to stay strong like the tree he was names after. A thumb hooked to the belt, not the same as if his paw leaned against the flat of the axe but a sense of comfort all the same. What is the pack called? He asked, directing the conversation back onto her rather then his insecurities.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread