A single calling sound
[html]

Her name was being called, an ear turned first and then her eyes broken from the vision of a grown apple upon the thin limb. Anu turned to see the face of the pale wolfess. Her duel hued eyes watched her, an evident searching tone hinted in their glint. She smiled, instinctively, at Tayui. Anu was glad that she had come to stay with them; the female brought her a comforting feeling of happiness. Though there was still a grand question of contentment for the other woman. Anu could not decide if any of them were happy here, and yet Tayui’s satisfaction was what she thought of most. A confusing truth that she was not willing to reveal; for she could not understand it.

I was listening to the birds. She said with a small smile, the feeling of the other woman’s hand on her should shaking her from the daze completely. It was the truth, though not complete honesty. It was not her place to put more weight on her fellow loner’s shoulders, and Anu did not want to make more hardships for Tayui. It was a battle for her own mind, and she would not share it.

I wish I knew what they were saying, I am sure this orchard has a history. She added, watching the face of the other female and searching for a response before she spoke it. Secretly she wondered what Tayui thought about this place, and what she thought about Anu and the time they spent together. How self-conscious she had become surprised the experienced wolfess, but the feeling was new and accepted. A distraction from the toils of the disbandment.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread