A single calling sound
listening to this + this thread = so cute omg
[html]
[/html]Even though Anu had tried to look away, it seems as though she couldn’t—not yet, at least. There was too much here, right now, right at this very moment that hadn’t existed only minutes ago. It was interesting how a simple action and a single word could change everything so quickly. Even though she had not said much (she was rapidly becoming a woman of few words), it hadn’t mattered because Anu was so sensitive and could hear everything that Tayui was thinking.

Anu returned her smile with one of her own and then looked down at their hands, now tangled up together. Even though Anu sounded sad when she mentioned their marks, Tayui liked to think that there was an undertone of pride there, because there certainly was for her. She’d accepted these things as a part of her and since then, they had healed and disappeared from view. Now, the only ones that remained—physically, of course—were the ones given to her by Eris. No, that sounded too passive. Tayui bore the marks wrought in hardship and battle. Even though Tayui thought it sounded more appropriate to refer to them with consideration of the hardships she’d experienced, it seemed as though Anu was far gentler than she. Even though she watched Anu the entire time as she raised her arm, it still gave her a bit of a surprise when she felt the other woman’s fingers trace her scar along her eye. She closed her eyes for a moment as she felt Anu’s fingers near her eye and then re-opened them to reply.

“It’s my pride,” she replied quietly. “I survived. I didn’t survive perfectly—because no one should—but I made it out alive. And so did you. We found one another.”[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread