Oh god, it burns!
[html]
OOC / +637

It definitely had to be the heat making this poor stranger act the way he was. Nothing but kind words and compliments were pouring from his maw. Intense blue eyes continued to gaze back at her and she couldn't help but feel flattered by the attention he was giving. It was irresistible. She found herself smiling like a dork, tail fluttering behind her uncontrollably. When she noticed her dopey grin she immediately hid it under a more regal smile bringing her head up higher. Of course it was the scent that was making her so prone to his words. Otherwise she'd be confused, wondering why he was treating her so. She wasn't one to understand the reason behind it. Even so, under her thick layers of plush silver fur she blushed captured by the compliments. Eyes darted to the ground, then back to Kota who was holding his head as if he was in pain. "Kota!" She wast about to rush forward when the dark figure began to hunch. Bones cracked loudly under his skin shifting and turning visibly. It was a horrid sight which she'd never laid eyes upon. One changing before her eyes.

Emerald eyes widened and stomach became a bit queasy at the sight. Now she understood how frightening it must have been for Tharin seeing her shift right in front of her eyes. Shifting was something intimate to be kept hidden from others, unless you could shift fast enough that one didn't notice the audible crackles and visible shifting of bones. She had only shifted a few times since being turned and only shifted when the urge became too strong to hold back. Luperci were strange creatures. Once the shift finished, the black mass lay there in the meadow, still. Panic struck her for a moment. The transformation back to lupus form had looked painful. She rushed forward with worry for the dark stranger. When she reached him he began to stand, body quivering under weak legs. She leaned in to nuzzle him hoping he was alright. The shift had looked immensely painful. "Kota, are you alright?" The sight of the dark lupus male comforted her some, but why had he shifted in such a drastic way? Then he spoke. Fayne's head tilted, bemused at his words. She had caused this? Had he never shifted before? Even she knew that only the first shift would be so painful. Her tail hung flat behind her as worrisome eyes looked down on him. "To follow me? What do you mean?" He had been admiring her? She felt a bit guilty, for not even introducing herself before today. She'd seen him around but had never spoken to the ember wolf before. "Admiring me? I don't understand Kota. Have you never shifted before?" A million questions built up in her head, curiosity building for the mysterious ember wolf.

Fayne didn't quite understand what it was he was speaking of. The slender silver wolf leaned in to nudge him again releasing a soft whine. She could hear the pain in his voice. He spoke again, only confusing her more. Of course he wouldn't hurt her, he was her pack brother. She wasn't worried about that. Maybe he saw the fear in her when he stood before her in optime form. She shook her head violently trying to understand the situation. "I'm not worried about you hurting me. Recent happenings have made me fearful of Luperci, but everyone in this pack is my family and I would never think any of you would harm me. I'm safe here. Don't worry about it." She was still wide eyed and a bit surprised of what had happened. At least the queasiness had subsided leaving only worry behind.

<style type="text/css">
.fayneflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#eedaca; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #cb6095; }
.fayneflower p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.fayneflower {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#b5bde2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/MxGXB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f6e1da; padding: 325px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cb6095; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.fayneflower p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.fayneflower p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
table by Nat - textures courtesy of 3-sisters-stock

[/html]

Messages In This Thread