Drunken State of Mind
[html]

WC:: 284 - OOC Hey! I know we wanted to do a thread and since I totally failed at getting it started I thought I would come in here. Smile

Down one of the hallways of the vast Anathema caverns a light seemed to detach itself from the walls and float towards the threshold that gave birth to the outside world. Like a strange will-o-wisp the flame traveled, high enough to shine it’s light on the ceiling of the cave but not bright enough to illuminate the dark figure that propelled it forward. Scorpius had seen the man stumbling down the corridor, and when he saw him looking at the torches that lined the walls his intrigue grew, so he followed him.

Soon he, too, was stepping out of the recess of the den and into the nighttime air, the torch he carried sending an eerie orange flicker over the area around him. He turned his ruby eyes to the man, the one eye hidden beneath the half skull mask flashed in the torchlight.

He could smell the reek of alcohol on the man. It oozed from his breath and from the bottle and permeated the air. The scent was thick and almost stung the nostrils, but it didn’t seem to bother Scorpius. He did not know this man well short of seeing him around Anathema and knowing him as one of the pack. A vague name came to mind but he wasn’t sure if it was right. Alexan-something.

“You were admiring the torches.” He observed, the statement should have been a question but he wasn’t asking. “Do you have some kind of thing for the flame?” He might have even sounded a little jealous about it. His eyes dropped, turning toward the bottle in Alexander’s hand as he wondered if the pack brother was going to keep all the libations to himself tonight.

<style>
.scorcai1 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.scorcai1 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.scorcai1 b {color:#14110f; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.scorcai1 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mdfzN.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #14110f; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.scorcai1 .inner {margin:95px 60px 5px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:245px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread