Drunken State of Mind
[html]

WC:: 200+

“Well you did until now, didn’t you?” he prodded, looking for more juice to the story. “I thought I saw you in the caverns a few times, don’t you have a room? What changed?” Scorpius made a habit of wandering the hallways, just as he had done endlessly when he was a pup, though now it was to check the torches and clear his mind rather than to mope around in the shadows feeling sorry for himself. He couldn’t really remember where the man had been staying but there was no doubt he had seen the light male around the corridors.

“I don’t have much of a steady residence, myself,” he added sullenly. Each and every day that passed he spent his time hoping Naniko would let him in to her den. At one time her quarters used to be his, too, and he wanted that again. He wanted to be close to their Angela, to his dear mother. Perhaps he had gotten a glimpse inside here or there, or on cordial occasions had entered her den for this reason or that, but so far had received no invitations to bed down there at night.

“Care if I have another go?” he held out his hand, motioning toward the bottle. The liquor was strong and the swaying man would probably benefit from someone helping him with the rest of the drink. Bending down a moment he stabbed the end of the torch into the ground, and there it buried itself until it was held steadfast. It would hold itself up until one of them retrieved it, and when he stood up the flame glowed near his thighs.

<style>
.scorcai1 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.scorcai1 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.scorcai1 b {color:#14110f; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.scorcai1 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mdfzN.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #14110f; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.scorcai1 .inner {margin:95px 60px 5px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:245px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread