One less shadow
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 359

Alyssum remained tensed despite the eerie calm that surrounded the red female, still not convinced that she was settled enough to be directly engaged with. But, the de Fonte put forth some faith at least, and approached the scene even closer. It did not become any clearer the more she inspected it, and it was not until the other spoke did some clarity reach her.

The hybrid listened closely to her words, to just see if any fool play was a hand in this; she dealt with liars before, and could sometimes tell when someone was only telling her folly. But, the doggish woman was rather detached, which Alyssum found odd, but it did not seem she was lying, and did scent the faded smell of another Cavalier male. “Then it was out of self-defense,” she stated distantly, glancing back at the body and then back to the woman. She was quiet for a moment, not sure if she should even ask, but curiosity got the best from her.

“Was this woman close to you? …I’m going to guess you were related.” Appearance spoke as much, but the blood that mingled in the air showed similarity as well, and Alyssum saw it as undeniable, but it was nice to ask, anyway. But, she was not too prying, and added, “But, it’s none of my business. It may be nice to share to… ease the passing.” She saw the sadness in her eyes as she regarded the body, and though she may never find out its reasoning for it, closure may help the female.

The tawny woman sighed a bit, thinking over the situation in her head, picking it and dissecting it. It was not the first time she had dealt with death, but it had indeed been a while, though she did not want to leave a fellow member hanging by herself with an obviously troubling conclusion. “In any case… My name is Alyssum,” she introduced, stepping towards the other with a light hand presented to her for an exchange of shaking them. “I could help you with the body, if you want. It’d be no bother to me.”

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Olli38

<style>
.alyalyssum-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TbDAT.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ab977f; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 215px 0px; color:#50473c; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyalyssum-2 b {color:#e4cbad; }
.alyalyssum-2 b.m {color:#575a75; }
.alyalyssum-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.alyalyssum-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyalyssum-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.alyalyssum-2 .wordcount {color:#50473c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #50473c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread