One less shadow
[html]

OOC text here

Neela nodded absently when the woman said something about self defence, not really listening to her. She reached out for the knife in Kaer's neck, pulling the weapon free. A sudden wave of nausea shot through Neela at the feeling as the knife moved but she forced herself to ignore it, only showing what she felt in a brief widening of her eyes. The knife was deposited on the ground as the woman spoke again, getting Neela's attention this time.

"I.. yes, she was-" Neela's voice broke and she dipped her head momentarily as a sudden swell of sadness presented itself to her, unable to suppress a small whine. Neela had hated and feared her mother but she had no wish for her, or anybody for that mater, dead. Desperately she tried to stuff the emotions back behind her wall of control, succeeding somewhat. When Neela spoke next her voice was nearly neutral again, though noticeably strained. "-My mother." Her head remained dipped, purposely keeping the female out of her view, until a sound near her once again caught Neela's attention.

Neela cocked her head and stared blankly at the hand for a moment, confused to find hesitant acceptance where she had been expecting disgust. Neela paused a moment more before reaching up and grasping the hand, pulling herself into a standing position before taking it as had been first intended, "I'm Neela. And thank you." she said quietly.

Word Count :: +239

<style>
.Holder {width: 640px; margin:0px auto;}
.NeelaRun{ background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... ndHide.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center bottom; border-radius: 15px; background-color:#000000; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:15px 0px 450px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:4px solid white; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #000000;}
.NeelaRun b {color:#FF7E00; font-weight:bold; opacity: 1; }
.NeelaRun p { color:#ffffff; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.wc {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 0px 0px 15px;font-size:11px; }
.ooc {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:center; font-style: italic; padding:0px 0px 0px 15px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; }

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread