Now your just somebody that I used to know
Rain stiffened and pulled away. She... was leaving him. "I... just want you happy Sam. Its all I have ever wanted. I knew when I left... I had made a mistake. Now I am living with it. Go... Be happy," he said turning from her had putting out the fire and wrapping up the meat he had caught. He would eat it later. He rolled up the fur he had put down for them and turned to her, taking off the necklace she had given him. "Till we meet again," he whispered licking her cheek and walking away. He and Lux packed up that night and went and slept with Russell.

They would leave on the 6th, Quintus staying with his mother while Lux went with him. She would miss her brother but she loved her father more. They had developed a way for her to communicate with hand signs and short words. She couldn't talk like most wolves and long sentences tended to hurt her throat. She wasn't a complete mute but she was close and she and her father had a special bond. Quintus would always be a mama's boy. When her father pulled her close and cried Lux knew she wouldn't see her brother again. She signed to her father that everything would be ok.

Messages In This Thread