M. broken halo
[html]

600+ I'm soooo sorry! I overlooked this one for a bit. Kick me if it happens again.

Good, her words to Fayne sank in and after a moment of deliberation the gray woman made her choice. When Titania noticed her skin grow resless and her body begin to transform she knew that the Delta planned to stay within the den and help them. She turned her eyes away, not because shifting was anything to be ashamed of but because Palaydrian was moving again.

The tawny girl in her lap writhed and moaned. She was stuck in some excruciating state between reality and the dream world, and Titania only could hope that she was far enough gone to where she did not have to feel all this pain. Yet somehow she knew that Drin still experienced the brunt of it. Much to her surprise the weight on her lap lifted as Palaydrian tried to sit up. Titania's hands fluttered to her shoulders to keep her from rising, but her efforts weren't needed because the girl had no hope of lifting herself. They could see the dizziness in her face and in the way she fell back onto Titania's lap. She shh'ed her softly, trying to calm the turmoil within, and put one hand under her chin, petting her gently and trying to keep her still.

Jiva toiled over her. Every now and then she looked over to see him preparing the next poultice or scrubbing one of her weeping wounds. When she asked for water he gave her a flask, so Titania busied herself with Palaydrian. Maybe she could make her a little more comfortable, or at least distract her.

“Palaydrian,” she said softly, her eyes flicking up to see how far Fayne was in her change. “Here is some water. I'm going to pour it very slowly now.” Carefully she positioned Palaydrian's head so she would be safe and put the flask up to her lips. She let a little water pour out, most of it running down the side of the half-conscious woman's face. Another glance and she saw that Fayne was done with her shift.

“Can you get me a towel or something to mop this up with?” She asked. Jiva was too distracted to give the Delta many orders, so she tried to busy her. It really didn't matter whether the ground was wet or not. She tipped the flask back again to give Drin another drink when she thought she was ready.

Jiva stopped working, and she moved the flask aside and waited for Fayne to find that towel. “You're doing good, keeping calm. This isn't easy.” She didn't know about the time the two had shared or what was running through Jiva's head short of the worry for a pack mate, but she thought she detected a turmoil in his eyes that ran deeper than what was on the surface.

An ear twitched and swiveled within the wild red mane of hers as she noticed a sound from Fayne. The woman was distraught, unsuccessful at holding back tears and sobs, yet still brave in the face of her fear. It was hard seeing a pack mate like this, she knew. She did not know that there was more to this for Fayne than just that. She herself was having a hard time holding it together, and now that Jiva's work was done she really turned a calculating eye on Palaydrian. All those wounds... but what else had been done to her? And by whom? That was the biggest question. As soon as they knew Palaydrian was out of the danger zone the next question would be what monster braved such a vile attack on one of their family.

Image courtesy of mourner@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.titania-a01 p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.titania-a01 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.titania-a01 b {color:#8CC0F4; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.titania-a01 {background-color:#000A14; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BLjIj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3971A8; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3971A8; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:235px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread