i want nothing between us
[html]

Word Count :: 321 Closing this out I guess, sorry for the wait. <3
NAT CAN ARCHIVE. ;D

The pride in her non-luperci friend’s face brightened Vesper, and her ear swiveled forward toward the pale little wolf cub. Her fur was smattered with washed-out greys and tans, but her blue eyes were the same sapphire as her mother’s. When Kiara introduced her as Lucia, and the puppy was nudged forward to say hello, the scarred coywolf managed a gentle smile. “Hello, Lucia,” she replied, a hint of awkwardness evident in her tone; she still wasn’t used to dealing with children, knowing she would likely never have any of her own (and certainly wouldn’t bear them). She sniffed the puppy and gave her a friendly little nudge on the ear before self-consciously lifting her head.

News of the alphess had Ves turning her gaze to Zalen, a smirk crawling across her lips. Had she been more familiar with the dark wolf, like she was with Helotes, she undoubtedly would have set to teasing him. However, she didn’t want to cross any lines, and her pointed look faded into simple gladness. A litter of cubs from the alpha wolves would only make the pack stronger—and maybe even provide heirs. She knew it was this way with the ancient packs, but since New Dawn was bound by bond as much as blood, she didn’t know.

“Ah, there’s something to be said for calm puppies too,” the hybrid remarked lightly when Tharin spoke again. She wagged her tail, watching Lucia for a moment, and after she was finished stood and went to nuzzle Kiara gently. “It’s good to see you,” she said softly, then stepped away and nodded at the New Dawn males. “I’d better get back to the clan. I’m glad to hear how New Dawn is faring.” She swallowed the rest of her awkward farewell, lifted her head as the raven flapped up from his perch, and headed back toward the mountains with one last flourish of her tawny tail.

the coldest story ever told

Image courtesy of ChainBound

<style>
.GR2_Vesper p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Vesper b {font-family:verdana; color:#dadada; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold;}
.GR2_Vesper b.npc { color:#424242; }
.GR2_Vesper {background-color:#828282; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:15px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K21mL.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:120px 0px 0px 0px; border:0px solid #0000000; margin:0 auto; -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 18px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topleft: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 18px; border-top-left-radius: 18px; border-top-right-radius: 18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Vesper .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LkO0W.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #000000; }
.GR2_Vesper .bottom { color:#dadada; text-align:right; font-family:Glegoo; font-size:14px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; line-height:20px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZnlBo.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 15px 220px 15px; }
.GR2_Vesper .name {text-align:Left; font-family:Meddon; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:51px;}
.GR2_Vesper .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread