The Wrath of Justice
WC: 312

She knew perfectly well that the woman did not like her at all. With the small snarl, Isa could tell she didn’t believe Isa when she told Sidra she knew what it was like. A sigh left her lips as the woman spoke. I understand why you don’t trust me, I shouldn’t have acted the way I did. I love Adelle like my own child, and to find her stumbling home drunk did not sit well with me. I should have spoken with you first before acting the way I did and I apologize. Isa looked over the woman and wondered if there was anything she could do to make up for what she had done. Probably nothing. Maybe she could offer her a home. Surely Jazper would allow her to join Casa, and then Isa could help point her in the right direction.

She continued walking and looked down at the ground for a moment. I do know what it’s like. My father was abusive towards me since I was a pup, and then when I was a yearling he killed my mother in front of me. Then my sister and I killed him ourselves. I turned to alcohol to make myself feel better, just as I am sure you have done. I know what it’s like to be alone. She stopped walking and turned to face Sidra. I would like to offer you a home. You can come live in Casa. I’m sure My Sole would allow you into our ranks and I would like to help you. It gets better if you have someone who is willing to be there for you. Isa couldn’t be sure that Sidra would accept her offer, but she hoped she would. The young woman could use a little help and Isa was more than willing to be there for anything she would need.

Messages In This Thread