Spring Flowers
[html]

(535) Longer post out of nowhere. xD

Lineart by *Nanarc; colored by me!

Brows lifted in surprise at the woman's tale of her rescue, and a smile broke out across his face when he saw the chestnut mare toss her head. I've never heard of a horse performing such heroic feats, he said teasingly, grinning at the tan she-wolf then at the equine -- and then his expression softened. But I wholeheartedly believe you. It was easy to see where his soft spot lay as he regarded Grace gently. He believed in equality among all beasts great and small, and while he had respect for the food chain and circle of life, he had to recognize animals for their capacity to go above and beyond what luperci thought they could do.

And no one should feel alone, the Turkish male agreed warmly when Eclipse mentioned no longer feeling that way. It was an added bonus to being in a pack, even if he needed to get used to actually being around wolves all the time. As well bonded as he and Wilson were, the canine in him desired to be among those of his own species -- and to actually make more permanent bonds than he had on the road as a trader.

He laughed lightly as the other continued. Cooks, eh? The culinary arts! He made a flamboyant gesture with one arm. I wouldn't call myself a cook -- at all, really -- but I can tell you about some of the herbs and spices I've come across in my travels. The flavor always makes eating that much more interesting. And he'd been spoiled by such things in some of the greater cities he'd stayed at on his trade route. He had no qualms about wolfing down raw meat in the wild, but the thought of a more sophisticated meal had him licking his lips.

Blue eyes widened in pretend disbelief at her last question. How did you guess? he asked, and grinned. He shifted his weight to be stand more comfortably and cleared his throat, wondering how much to include in the summary. He wasn't really one to keep secrets, but some wolves just wanted to know the name of the region he originated from, while others wanted to know about why he came and when.

I grew up in Turkey, Levent began at last. My father was a trader, on the road a lot, and after he died -- well, my mother found me. She took me to England, where I met Wilson, and once I grew up I became a traveling merchant too. He looked at the ground as if his story was all written out there. Long story short, I traveled a hell of a lot, and eventually Wilson and I heard about Freetown -- er, you have heard of Freetown, right? It's west of here, back in what was the United States of something-or-another, I think. He cleared his throat, punctuating his rambling. But we heard about Freetown and Nova Scotia and took a nasty little boat ride here. Ever since then, I've been wandering and trading like usual, and then this pack caught my interest. He finished with a shrug, grinning slightly at her and hoping she didn't mind excess information.

<style>
.levDead {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:95%;}
.levDead p {text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0;}
.levDead p.image {text-align:center; float:right; margin:10px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.levDead .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.levDead .word {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.levDead b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.levDead b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.levDead b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.levDead u { text-decoration: underline; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread