Spring Flowers
[html]

(373) This one suuucks. I just wanted to stop neglecting this poor thread. xD

Lineart by *Nanarc; colored by me!

The girl mentioned the horse's owner missing the animal, and Levent smiled knowingly. He wouldn't have wanted to part with the lovely creature if he were Eclipse, although he was of the slimier sort and probably would have stolen off with the mare anyway. He didn't bother about this point, however, knowing that the girl would do what she felt was right; everything would work out in the end. Maybe she won't have time for the colt, he murmured after a moment, suggesting that she might be able to keep him, at least, once he was weaned. And he had no doubt the owner would be kind enough to let Eclipse visit, if she was indeed kind enough to own the horse in the first place.

I might have to check out the garden sometime, or at least trade for more seeds, the man mused, although he wasn't a plant expert by any means. He knew some herbs from European cuisine, and others were quick remedies on the road when he had an ache, but the man was an expect only in animals -- or, at least, that was the subject he had the broadest amount of knowledge on. He'd have been able to keep a good amount of the animals on the great ark alive, at least.

Her remark about trading made him grin sheepishly. Well, the value of things changes from place to place. Some pretty jewelry would fetch a nice place in the more civilized parts of Europe, while many luperci in North America wouldn't give it a sniff; they'd rather have more practical items. And that says nothing as to what individuals desire. Honestly, I'm learning all over again. His grin turned smug, and he adopted a more boastful posture. Although I'm good at haggling. I talk your face off, and it's all you can do to make an offer so I shut up. I play my part. He winked, admitting that he wasn't always the honest fellow he was being with Eclipse. Even the way he presented himself to her was different than how he'd act to another; he truly wanted to be friendly and kind, but his desire to give an impression was affecting how he acted.

<style>
.levDead {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:95%;}
.levDead p {text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0;}
.levDead p.image {text-align:center; float:right; margin:10px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.levDead .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.levDead .word {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.levDead b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.levDead b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.levDead b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.levDead u { text-decoration: underline; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread