What Is Written Cannot Be Unwritten
[html]<style type="text/css">
.ulijul b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ulijul-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.ulijul p {text-indent:25px;padding:10px 25px 5px 26px;margin:0px;}
.ulijul {width:450px;border:2px solid #ffffff;background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... dc44e5.jpg);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:220px;background-color:#9588b3;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#48327b;}
</style>

I am incredibly slow! Forgive me? <3
WC: 423

She shook her head gently at his insinuations. She knew he would know the Chief better than her, but she doubted that Aatu would keep anything from her willingly: it was not how her lead. "I do not know, though I hope not. Though, to be fair, I have not sent messengers in a while myself. The distances are great and I have few people to spare. I suspect he must make the same decisions." Still, the doubt gnawed at her. Aranck's offer was a good one: perhaps an answer would come more swiftly to him. "We may get a swifter response to a letter signed by you." she suggested. In reality, it should not be like that: she was the leader after all, though she assumed Aranck was sorely missed back home. It would be better if she at least heard something at all -- then again, so long as she didn't hear anything, she could do as she pleased here. Perhaps this had been Maska's temptation. Well, Ulilohi was not so pathetic as he: she merely enjoyed (and feared) the quiet and carefully joyful extra minutes that a child has, when it knows its parents have forgotten that it is still awake and well past its bedtime.

She did not even think before answering his question with a dry laugh. "I doubt he would be so unwise as to show his face here. But if he did, I would certainly see to it that justice was maintained. Shipping him off home was a poor idea; I doubt I would repeat that mistake."

He offered to teach her, and she maintained her posture, making note of his smiling. It could be his age or experience, or just the fact that he had served in the council alongside her aunt, but she had trouble not feeling rankwise intimidated, even if she was clearly ranked above him. Still, she was not incapable of seeing past it and calming her initial reaction, especially at the mention of her aunt: the brown-pelted councilwoman was still reminded every now and then of the void the old wolfess had left. Ulilohi nodded. "I would be grateful if you would teach me to read and write, Aranck. It would make my communication much easier, I would think." No matter how the asymmetry in their relation, she truly appreciated his attempts at reaching out. It was just awkward, no matter what. "Thank you, Udeloquay. I think learning to write would be the most helpful thing right now."

Image by v.max1978
Table by Rose

[/html]

Messages In This Thread