What Is Written Cannot Be Unwritten
[html]<style type="text/css">
.ulijul b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ulijul-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.ulijul p {text-indent:25px;padding:10px 25px 5px 26px;margin:0px;}
.ulijul {width:450px;border:2px solid #ffffff;background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... dc44e5.jpg);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:220px;background-color:#9588b3;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#48327b;}
</style>

Yay! Makes me feel better WinkWink
WC: 519

Aranck suggested the messenger birds, and Ulilohi shook her head indoubt. "I think the distance is too great for the birds, or at least for training them. Someone would have to receive them in the other end, too, knowing what they are for. Perhaps in time we could train one, with the help of a messenger perhaps." It seemed an impossible task to Ulilohi, though, to even train just one bird for that distance. And not to mention to be sure that the bird even survived the trek: after all, it took wolves over a month to go there, and a bird with no provisions...? No, she could not see it as a possibility.

Aranck set a new piece of paper in front of him and asked what to write. She hesitated. "Hm, perhaps just ask for tidings? I would prefer they knew I intend to raise more council members here, as I am certain he will understand. I cannot run this place on my own." She paused. "Oh, and let him know we still do not train warriors or have full sovereignty. But I intend to remedy this." That was perhaps the part where she was most afraid that the chief would feel disappointed in her leadership abilities. What kind of leader was she, if she could not provide basic protection for her tribesmembers?

e spoke harshly of Maska and she was relieved that he did. Dryly, she agreed, at least in part. "Mmm..yes, I was not confident in the chief's decision then. I had hoped Maska would prove me wrong, or that Chief Aatu would at least send someone along with him, alas... we know that is not what happened." The female glanced to the west, where the burial mounds were, she knew. She had been here at their burials, and the memories of it haunted her sometimes. So many graves, so many Raven Guardians, dying to protect a tyrannical leader whose people and neighbors did not want. Some other had fallen too, and many wounded. She had walked right into a tragedy's final chapters, and could not shake its shadow.

She kept herself from frowning at his use of 'dear', but instead simply let it pass. Sometimes... it was good to have a reminder every once in a while that there were things like elders and masters that she should expect correction from, and advice, whether she wanted it or not. She should be grateful for it, regardless of the form it took, especially opposition. A leader with no critique could easily fall into the trap where Maska had fallen. "I am often free in the evenings, after making my daily route around the borders." She usually just re-braided her hair then for the relaxation of it. The time could just as well be used for something useful. "Should I prepare something for tomorrow evening, perhaps? Paper and ..?" Truthfully, she had no idea about anything, even what to name the things. She'd shied away from the whole subject ever since she was a child, too ashamed and proud to admit defeat.

Image by v.max1978
Table by Rose

[/html]

Messages In This Thread