What Is Written Cannot Be Unwritten
Ulilohi mentioned that it would talk a long time before they could even think about sending birds to the Great tribe, if they were even possible to do. Aranck gave a sigh. "It would be nice to have a quicker way of sending messages to the Great Tribe without sending a member to and fro." Although he had no idea how to go about doing that. Maybe the councilwoman before him would have an idea of what to do.

He quickly wrote what she was saying, or at least a shorthand version of it. He would clean it up later to send to his nephew. He only hoped that the boy would listen to him. He glanced up at raising more councilmembers and wondered briefly who she was considering to make part of the council. But he didn’t feel it was his place to ask. "I'll write this up better later." He then set the paper down.

The talk about Maska made him glower slightly, as well as sulking. "They should have listened to me. None of this would have happened if they took my advice of NOT sending that moron." So he was being a bit childish but that was OK. He was old enough that he didn’t care what others thought of him.

She frowned at him for calling her dear and he gave her an indulgent smile. He wasn’t going to change calling her that, especially now that he knew that she didn’t approve of it. But she talked about being free in the evenings and he grinned, "I'll come by tomorrow evening to start teaching you and will bring what you'll need." She agreed and they parted, with Aranck writing up the message better to be sent at the next available time.

The next evening, Aranck came over to Ulilohi's hut and knocked to get her attention. "Uli? I'm here for your lesson." He then patiently waited for her to either invite him in or let him in or whatever she decided.

Messages In This Thread