J - Coeus
[html]

Owl, if you don't mind, that's what I usually go by most places. I'll probably update that, I did most of my profile at 11 PM. x3

Word Count → 373

Coeus allowed himself to sit for a moment, his large paws scuffling in the dirt like some lost child. It was only when he heard the return to his howl, that he rose again and began to feel a nervousness run up his spine. It wasn't without doubt and slight anxiety that he stood at the edge of the border. The days were long and cold without company and the comforts of a pack well outweighed the simplicity of living as a loner. He was glad that his wait was not long. If it had been Coeus feared his nerve would have broken and he would have fled his position. He had never experienced such emotion, not even in the face of danger; somehow this was different from facing an aggressive fox or ill-tempered bear.

As the wolf entered his range of vision his eyes dropped and he unconsciously crouched lower. In his optime form, he seemed even more formidable which caused Coeus to sink even lower, if that was possible. It was even so that his tail had fled between his legs in the presence of the being. The Timber Wolf dared a glance at the Alpha male and felt himself relax slightly, as he did not seem aggressive in his approach. A silent breath of relief escaped him; he had feared his presence at the border would cause hostility. Luckily, his assumptions had been false and listened intently to the words of the Alpha. Coeus remained silent for a moment, articulating the words in his mind before he spoke them.

"Hello, sir, my name is Coeus," he tried to say confidently, hardly saying the words without a stutter. "I howled for a chance to join the pack and make a new life for myself outside of being a loner." Coeus sounded more confident than he felt, but tried not to make it obvious. He was also careful to remove any arrogance from his tone which had often got him in trouble with loner groups that believed he had thought too highly of himself. Coeus let the words sink into the air, staggering a crippled wag that was derived from his nervous energy.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Astrid Walter

<style>
.coeusaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/n2fkA.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#a97345; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 295px 0px; color:#ffd7b2; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.coeusaly-1 b {color:#f4eb8c; }
.coeusaly-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.coeusaly-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.coeusaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.coeusaly-1 .wordcount {color:#ffd7b2; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ffd7b2; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread