J - Coeus
[html]

Word Count → 335

Coeus listened carefully to the words of the large luperci. As the moments past, he felt his taunt muscles relaxing beneath his fur, the throbbing of blood in his ears diminished as he calmed. Breath came easier to his lungs and he peered upwards, showing nonaggression but unable to look away from the figure that held him rapt in attention. The bend in his joints even straightened out, bringing himself to a low stance. Jazper appeared to one of reasonable character, though his size did not play in that favor. It was figure he could follow reliably, if he was accepted. Seeing this behemoth and hearing his terms brought forth respect immediately.

When he heard the question to what his qualifications were, he was ready. A long walk allowed him ages to think and mull after what he would say. Parts of the information had melted away from his first fervor of anxiety, but he could pull together the remnants of what he had thought up beforehand, which remained fairly intelligent. "My mother educated me in reading, writing and riding." Even military groups needed intelligence, he had boundless potential for that, no doubt. "I am a strong runner and have faced wild animals in combat beforehand. I would be thrilled to learn combat skills of any kind. I am young, strong, and can protect any that require it." He swallowed, lifting his head up with a strong expression, "Even at the cost of my life."

It was a strong statement and he knew it. Perhaps he was testing himself in saying such, but he felt sure that he would be willing to die for them. Being a loner had not stripped him of values or courage. Rather it had strengthened him, testing his steel against the very real, and very cruel word that resided beyond safety and companionship. He did not betray those that trusted him, his honor denied such an option existed.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Astrid Walter

<style>
.coeusaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/n2fkA.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#a97345; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 295px 0px; color:#ffd7b2; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.coeusaly-1 b {color:#f4eb8c; }
.coeusaly-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.coeusaly-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.coeusaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.coeusaly-1 .wordcount {color:#ffd7b2; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ffd7b2; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread