The Walls are Closing In.
[html]
(Hehe, poor Itheral xD )

As the creature accused and questioned the shaking fat wolf, Itheral could only stand there, eyes widening. He was just digging himself a deeper hole now, as the other 'wolf' seemed to be getting fed up with his excuses. Sight kept darting back and forth between the glinting blade he was carrying, and the brutes towering form. It only dawned on the cornered wolf that the food he'd eaten had been a pack cache. Heart sank as he realized that, getting that sinking feeling as he glanced back at that blade.

"T-that was your pack's....o-oh no...I didn't...I...l-look, I don't care what I have to do, but I can pay it all back...t-ten fold!" Itheral stammered, mind suddenly grasping onto the one glimmer of hope in the situation, "I-I'm quite good at catching game...not b-big stuff...not by my self anyways, but rabbits, hares, that sorta thing...I'd hunt as many as I could and give them all to you and your pack, if you'd just not kill me...p-please?"

Just as he spoke those words, an outlandish idea surfaced in his mind, and before he could even stop to consider the consequences, Itheral blurted it out. "H-hell...if this is your pack lands, and you need someone to catch small game for you, I'd be happy to join." He paused, letting what he just asked sink in. His heart skipped a beat, realizing that, not only did he just commit himself to a pack he knew next to nothing about for life if the beast accepted....but he may have shot his previous, completely reasonable offer in the foot. He stood dead still as he awaited the creatures verdict.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread