the paths not taken
[html]

A voice startled the pony into a short gallop, and she quieted him down some gentle pressure on his main. He remembered that he had a luperci rider with a sword and other weapons then, a rider who had proven herself in many fights. At times the stallion got so overwhelmed by panic that there was nothing that could calm him, but the feminine voice had only slightly startled him and he was able to recover more quickly from his fright. They were already heading down the street toward the stranger, and his brown ears turned backward toward Ember as she replied to the other canine's second phrase. "I don't know any Saul, sorry lady."

Bayard stopped a few feet away to allow them to converse, keeping a small distance there in case they needed to make a sudden escape. "The name's Ember...Ember Phoenix. I ain't come across anyone for quite a while now, ma'am...spooked my horse, some." She explained the stallion's erratic behavior. "He's real easy to spook, though. No harm done. We've been lost for a day or so, trying to find our way outta here...I think we're just walkin' in circles now." The warrior explained her plight. She was fantastic with her sword, axe, and bow...but not so great at directions.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread