Kolniður
[html]

She did not notice the man’s less than endearing expression, and continued to talk about the orange-things. The bigger the story got, the more excited she became despite the fears she just experienced, finding courage within her own words; she had just faced such a formidable force, even though she ran away from it, was fully prepared to triumph over them.

“Yeah, my name is Sydney,” she replied simply, confirming the man’s thoughts about her name, though he seemed to push her further for questions. She only half-listened, impatient for the man to face the orange-things and to surely defeat them, like all the stories she was told about. Yeah, they are certainly monsters!” She turned to face the male, her expression trying to be turned into one of seriousness, though it still had the air of childish innocence and vigor. “They are round, with deep lines on them and one woody tooth. And they have whips! And they tried to chase after me when I took one of them, he was crying for help and woke the rest if ‘em up!” The story was more exciting if the orange-things talked, so stated that they did, just to prove to the male that they were absolutely beasts to be detained.

Sydney gasped as the male bravely announced the dangers of what he was about to perform, yelping with delight as if this was another one of mother’s stories, the hero musing over the battle that will decide the epic war. When he questioned her about endangering his own life, she went misty eyed, and squealed, Yes, I do!” She probably would have paddled on about how she was willing to anything to defeat the orange-things, but again she had to stop and take in a breath as the male before her started to her bigger, and bigger!

“Oooooh!” the pup half-howled, half-cheered as the courageous Coeus stood upon two legs. “I wish I could do that!” For a moment, she made a strained face, along with some growling as she concentrated real hard on her being like that. But, nothing happened, and she gave up on it. “Okay, let’s go, let’s go!” she encouraged, and began to squirm her way until the fence, again attempting to head off before the man.

She squeezed her way through, past the enemy’s lines, and gasped dramatically, “There they are!”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread