Cat in the Fish Bowl
[html]
Word Count :: 288 OOC.

Ovi’s eyes opened suddenly as an unknown scent reached his nose. For a moment, he thought it was the dark man, the trader coming to take his life. But he soon realized that that was not so, and that it was an entirely different scent; he raised his head out of the water. At first, there was nothing, just the subtle movement of the foliage in the breeze, but then, a young pup burst forth from the brush, followed by nothing more than his shadow. He waded into the water as far as he could go and then stopped, chiding Ovidiu for the immensity of his body.

This was the first decent person he had seen in ages, and at first he was stunned, but then a large toothy grin spread over his feline feature. He trotted through the river with large splashes to the young pup and reached out tentatively with a pink nose to sniff at the boy. He smelled of many things; wolves, dogs, chickens, spices; it was almost like the smells of New York City, sans the concrete. Ovi smiled, HI! he piped up joyfully, I’m trying to catch fish, but I’m not doing so well. he frowned then, but knew the young boy wouldn’t judge him for his inadequacies.

The tiger suddenly became wary and backed up; was this pup just a ruse to get him caught by the dark trader? His eyes shifted about the foliage but saw nothing inconspicuous; perhaps he had truly lost his pursuer. He turned then to the boy, My name is Ovidiu, what’s yours? He then realized how much he outweighed the pup, maybe even ten to one; he was larger than he thought, and so lonely…

Texture courtesy of Rainny-Stock

<style>
.Ovi-fern p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Ovi-fern b {font-family:verdana; color:#c99440; margin:5px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 2px;}
.Ovi-fern {background-color:#718234; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#dff19f; line-height:12px; max-width:500px; min-width:30%; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kVokf.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:325px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #060404; margin:0 auto; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 30px;-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 30px;-moz-border-radius-topright: 30px;-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 30px;border-top-right-radius: 30px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 30px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Ovi-fern p b:before {content: open-quote;}
.Ovi-fern p b:after {content: close-quote;}
.Ovi-fern .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.Ovi-fern .ooc {text-align:RIGHT; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread