You can’t have peace without a war
[html]
[/html]When Sparrow said that she was a scout, too, Wraith crooned a quiet, “cool!” in response. She didn’t know that Max knew how to use a bow and arrow, so she wondered if he would be interested in helping her out. She didn’t want to bother Ithiel too much since she knew that he was very busy. Plus, since Max was closer to her in age, she thought that it might be fun to practice with him and maybe even get to know him better. She liked him even if he was a bit quiet and didn’t say much.

“Ithiel? Still the same. Kinda prudeish, but he’s nice enough,” she replied with a mischievous giggle. Now that she was older, she knew what these words could mean and imply—and what she felt about other coyotes, too. She wasn’t sure how she would know who she liked, and even though she knew she could talk to Valkyrie about anything, she didn’t want to sound stupid. How could she know if she liked boys or girls, when her father was male and liked men, too? She didn’t really understand how she could know since she hadn’t thought about anyone in a mushy kind of way. Maybe she’d dwell on it another time.

When Sparrow pushed back a bit of grass, Wraith suddenly remembered that she was supposed to be looking for her arrow, too. She took a few skipped steps and glanced around. Still, nothing.

“Oh, Vesper, yeah—she’s nice! I’m a Vigiles, so—” she began, but paused and blushed. That must mean that Vesper thought she was good at her job! “Yeah, my brother Nathaniel is a scout too. He’s a Praeses. And my sister Lucilla is here too—Lucilla Key. And my half-sister is a hunter too, but I don’t think she’s been feeling well, so she’s been a Tirones for a bit. Her name’s Valkyrie de le Poer. My daddy used to be a member here for most of his life. His name’s Hybrid Holocaust. Umm, my mom was a member here too, Aeron Ganesa. They were both warrior’s. My dad died a few months ago and my mom joined Anathema. And then Ezekiel’s my cousin, too, and his sister Talitha is my cousin. Umm, Zekie and Tali are my dad’s sister’s kids. And Tali had some puppies when she was here too. They were cute! I dunno where they went though. But umm, yeah, I guess I have a lot of family here. I think Val, since her name’s de le Poer, is maybe related to Ithiel an’ Aemon, but I dunno how.” She shrugged. Things were complicated. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread