never know your luck when there's a free-for-all
Sebastian was a restless individual. He hated lying around doing nothing. Jazper and Anann knew that and despite his high rank, granted him leave to wander out on his little excursions. He stayed relatively close to Casa di Cavalieri- always within one or two days' walk. No-one had any cause to complain unless he got lost, which was becoming rarer and rarer as he got used to the lay of the land.

Today he explored the sea. Casa di Cavalieri was close to the sea, but Sebastian had rarely ventured to any sort of beach or bay. He had crossed the sea to reach the Americas, but that was as far as his naval experience extended. He was far more accustomed to lakes and rivers.

The lean artisan was clad in his usual blue jeans and assortment of trinkets- two gold loops in his right ear, the silver chain around his neck that held the wooden flame charm Hadley had presented him with and a small golden ring inset with white diamonds he had acquired in Halifax. All in all, Sebastian considered himself dangerously fashionable.

Which was partly why he was busily scavenging through a shipwreck. The few bones he had seen had looked relatively new, but the tide had claimed just about everything that the salt and seagulls hadn't picked clean. Being inside the ghost ship was a strange experience. One he wanted to savour.

Sebastian pulled a small chest from a cabin, yanked it across the wooden floor of the ship and flung it to the sand. He followed after it gracefully enough, his feet briefly sinking into the sand as he considered his prize. It had been buried underneath ruined, splintered planks of wood and more than a little mud, which was presumably why it hadn't been found by some other scavenger. Gods only knew what lay inside the wooden chest.

A large, heavy lock sealed it shut and unfortunately, Sebastian had no lockpicks. He was an amateur, regardless. The key was probably at the bottom of the ocean. Nevertheless, Sebastian never went for the direct approach. A large, heavy rock in hand, the Italian smashed open the much more delicate wooden lid.

Sebastian appraised the contents with delight and went to his knees to examine it. Clothing, jewellery... A little damp, but the chest had done its job well. The Italian grinned, sharp canines winking in the sunlight as he pulled out a golden armband and slid it snugly over his left bicep.

"Lovely," he murmured, sifting through the contents. He was quite a pirate- robbing from these sailors. Well, they were dead. They wouldn't miss it much. Sebastian sang softly as he continued his investigation.

"My heart is pierced by cupid, I disdain all glittering gold... There is nothing can console me, but my jolly sailor bold..."

Messages In This Thread