Two Peas in a Pod [j]
[html]

”So how are we going to find a new pack Karril? There are definitely a lot of wolves around here, but what does that mean? Will they want us? What if they don’t like us? What if they like you but they don’t like me?” Baharak asked her older brother. These questions had been racing through her mind (and therefore, out of her mouth) for the past few weeks, as she and her brother Karril had moved deeper and deeper between numerous claimed wolf territories. They hadn’t had any success in finding a pack yet, but they been edging around these borderlands carefully because it was too foolhardy to walk into a wolf pack’s land outright. At least, that’s what Karril had explained to her. She was just beginning to understand what it meant to be a lone wolf, and the etiquette was still somewhat new to her. But she wanted to get it right, both because she wanted to join a new pack and to impress her brother.

As the two approached yet another pack’s borders, Ara came to an abrupt stop behind her brother and nearly bumped into him headfirst (she hoped he hadn’t noticed). She wondered what had made him stop. ”Hey, why are we stopping? Do you want to wait around and see if we can find an alpha here? I think its important that we try to look as respectful as possible. Do you think I need to look more submissive?” She tucked her tail low and put her ears back. ”How’s this? Maybe I should flatten my ears a bit more… You should really tuck your ears down a bit too, you know.” She had been her father’s favorite, this submission thing was going to take some practice—but she was pretty sure she was nailing it now. She just wanted them both to get it right, she wouldn’t accept failure. ”Do you think we should try calling for someone? Maybe someone can give us directions!” She sighed and looked at the older boy standing next to her. Men never wanted to ask for directions.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread