Searching For a Place
[html]

Word Count → 343

Coeus nodded silently to Hadley's words, this was the second pack mate he had met, it was easing to have another that he recognized. "Nice to meet you Hadley, I hope I do, I certainly don't want to go back to sleeping in leaky bear dens." It had been early spring when he had sought the shelter of said den, it had been one of his less intelligent ideas. It reeked of the big predator, with dark fur still clinging to the walls, and was poorly made. There was a reason the previous owner had abandoned it, and Coeus experienced it when the first showers came down on him. The previously smelly, but warm, den had turned into a muddy, cold, very unpleasant place.

Stepping past Hadley and into the stall, he examined it lightly. It was certainly no bear's den. He turned in it once or twice feeling the shaving beneath his paws and smelling the warm air. It was perfect. Becca had followed them to the stables and was snorting with approval. A light touch was all that was needed to guide the friendly gray mare into the stable, she stood there contentedly, looking to be already at home. "Thank you, Hadley, this is just perfect. I don't think Becca has ever lived in such a nice place." Coeus stepped out of the stall, separating himself from Becca with a few strokes to her long muzzle.

"I'm sure you have a lot to get to, this is such a busy place. I'm sure there's a story behind the toy in your hands, or maybe it's a gift." The Timber Wolf smiled to himself, "I hope the receiver likes it, it looks very well crafted." Coeus had never grown up with much, but at times his mother would create little toys for him to play with. The great outdoors supplied great inspiration and he had spent hours playing with little carved deers and birds, creating little stories for their fates.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Astrid Walter

<style>
.coeusaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/n2fkA.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#a97345; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 295px 0px; color:#ffd7b2; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.coeusaly-1 b {color:#f4eb8c; }
.coeusaly-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.coeusaly-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.coeusaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.coeusaly-1 .wordcount {color:#ffd7b2; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ffd7b2; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread