Searching For a Place
[html]

ooc here

Word Count → 354

Coeus blinked as if Hadley had something in a different language. He had always known how to read, at least as long as he could remember. His mother could read as well. It was a surprise to hear that one of this large pack was unable to read. Everyone looked so intelligent and sharp, that it made him doubt his own intelligence, which he valued above all else. It put him in an awkward position, he almost wanted to boast but he thought better of it through the body language had seen through this hybrid. His eyes had already scanned Hadley, seeing the fearsome scars that traced his body. It seemed like this large creature would appear fiercer than his actions made him seem. Coeus thought it was an odd combination, but at times he did a bit too much thinking. He himself stood easily six inches shorter than Hadley and weighed considerably less.

It all accounted in with his response, "I could teach you how to read sometimes, when you get to it it is quite the fun hobby. I almost enjoy it as much as riding Becca through the perpetual twilight of the forest, which is a pretty poetic sight, if you asked me." He chuckled and scratched the soft flesh below his chin, breathing in the moderate air with a relaxed sigh. The young wolf was beginning to enjoy this life, simply from this conversation, which was an eye opener. A smile lit his face once more as an idea popped into his head, "I can see you've been here awhile, maybe you could give me a bit of a tour? Nothing fancy, just a brief turn around. I don't want to have Cadmeia waiting for her gift, and I don't want to hinder any plans you have." Though still tired, he didn't know his way around very well. If allowed to leave, he would probably have to circle for many minutes to look for the courthouse again. For a wolf that had once applauded his sense of direction, it was very embarrassing.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Astrid Walter

<style>
.coeusaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/n2fkA.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#a97345; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 295px 0px; color:#ffd7b2; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.coeusaly-1 b {color:#f4eb8c; }
.coeusaly-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.coeusaly-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.coeusaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.coeusaly-1 .wordcount {color:#ffd7b2; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ffd7b2; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread