Searching For a Place
[html]

ooc here

Word Count → 468

He smiled warmly, "Whenever you're interested I'll be glad to share my favorite book with you, my mother taught me how to read it when I was no more than three months old." Though he was younger than Hadley, he wouldn't balk at the opportunity to help the hybrid, as he felt reading was an enlightening experience. As Hadley led him around, Coeus took in the camp, consuming the images and landmarks with his eyes, attempting to devote them to his memory. Every time Hadley pointed out something new, he spent several moments staring at it. He was still a bit wonder struck by it all. These structures were definitely not trees, though some appeared to be made of it. The fire even mystified for him a moment, but he did not fear it as a wild animal would. When he first entered the fort, he had been surprised by the smell of burning flesh that he had only experienced once before turning a small forest fire. Apparently, many cooked their meat which he found odd, though fascinating.

He found he medical area very interesting, smelling the cleanliness that came off of it. It would be an important place to remember if he had the misfortune to be injured. Coeus felt wary around the place though, noting it, but glad to get away from it and shown the lounge. The youth made a special note to visit the place, he would need to make allies, though a pack worked together he wanted to have connections with the others that lived in the fort. He would probably spend several more days by himself wandering through the camp, meeting others.

His gaze turned toward the war room with quiet interest. Coeus had never thought about war, as his previous life had had no need for war. There were scuffles, yes, but no grand planning of attack or defense. He supposed the idea would surface more now, being thrust into a group of wolves that had a territory to defend and others to assist. It reminded him that he would need to get basic training done. He had never held a real weapon in his hands, only wielding crudely made sticks to defend himself against fiercer predators. As Hadley came to a stop, he felt more confident with his surroundings. He still had much to accomplish, but now he could navigate reasonably well within the camp. "Thank you, I really appreciate it. All I need now is from basic combat training, huh, that'll be different, but I guess everything is different for me now." He stifled yawn, rubbing his eyes with his dark hands. "I better head to the comfort of the courthouse soon, or I'll fall asleep standing."

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Astrid Walter

<style>
.coeusaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/n2fkA.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#a97345; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 295px 0px; color:#ffd7b2; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.coeusaly-1 b {color:#f4eb8c; }
.coeusaly-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.coeusaly-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.coeusaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.coeusaly-1 .wordcount {color:#ffd7b2; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ffd7b2; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread