Never even knew that the sky was falling down
[html]
Tired legs quaked beneath him until the point that he could no longer hold himself up. One by one they gave out, his front leg going first, bringing him crashing to the ground. When he finally hit though, he didn't bother to try and pick himself up. Instead he simply laid there, pulling his legs close and curling them up. She spoke again, just one word, but Conri remained quiet, eyes shut tightly, forcing the moisture that gathered in them away. He didn't even know why it had happened, what reasoning there was behind what he had done. Sure, Naniko had done things that had hurt him badly, but he had convinced himself that he would get past it and they would just go on with their lives.

"I spent all my life trying to be with her.." He spoke up finally, pausing for only a moment to try and clear his throat, to moisten his mouth so it would be easier to hear him. "I left home to stay with her when I was still little, to help her take care of her brother when her mother disappeared.. I fought through hell and back just to get back to her after my brother took me away.." His voice quivered again, blinking away the tears quickly. Fuzzy eyes settled on her paws, following them each time that they moved. "She slept with Kansas and Lucifer, at the same time, and I don't know why Savina." The words were sad and desperate, still confused about the whole thing. "Can alcohol really make you do things if you don't want to? Or do they just give you the guts to do things you've always wanted to?" He didn't know anymore. It was the only thing that he could possibly think of that would be the cause of his actions and, even then, it was no excuse for what he had done. There wasn't any excuse for what he had done.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread