run for your life
[html]
omg been so long since i posted ; ; sorry if this is crap

As if by magnetic force, Denver was never far from Maggie's side. The morning had found him unusually warm and uncomfortable in their shared bed. The mutt was anxious; he hadn't slept well the past week, knowing that Maggie's time would be soon. He noticed her seizing with pain more frequently now, and each day brought them closer to the birth of their children.

The Confidant still didn't feel ready. He paced through their home daily, making sure that nothing was misplaced, that all was baby-proof. Denver couldn't do such pacing in the early mornings, though, for fear of waking his mate. She needed all the sleep she could get, and he was glad to let her get it.

Currently, the pale, flop-eared wolfdog stood outside of their home, practicing his throwing arm. The rope looped easily around the tree stump once, and again, and almost again before a shriek and cry of pain interrupted his throw. Is it now? he thought frantically as he dropped the rope and rushed inside, brows pinched thick with concern.

Maggie! What is it? he asked quickly, rushing to her and looking her up and down. I'm here...are they coming? He knew that they had to be. She was doubled over in pain, and suddenly he had no idea what to do. Denver took a deep breath, trying to slow his racing thoughts. Okay, okay, just calm down... take some deep breaths, he tried as he did so too, hoping to settle her panic as well as his own.

A banging at the door tore him away from Maggie; he heard a woman's voice outside, and a scent that he knew as he opened the door. A healer, he'd heard her say. Yes m'am... It's Maggie; I think she's just about to have our pups in here, he said frantically, ushering the familiar woman inside as quickly as he was able. I ain't too sure what to do t'help, he muttered, but I can try. The mutt stood aside as he gave the ivory-masked coywolf leave to care for his mate. Denver took one of her hands in his own and squeezed, watching her nervously.

<style type="text/css">
.detou b {font-weight:bold; color:#d7b688; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1a1206; }
.detou p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.detou {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#624838; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/remzC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 210px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b28c7f; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.detou p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.detou p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread