Prodical Son
[html]

Current Objective:Scoping out what’s ahead----
Form:Lupine----
Mood: Cautious----

X’ies looked upon the male with careful eyes, such was required and it seemed that such he had. There was something about the males tone that turned when he spoke of his story. Defensive, changing from the idea of a warm welcome and introducing caution. Was it that his story was not believed? No it wasn’t that, then perhaps it was something else, perhaps it was more of a competitive thing. Though surely this one couldn’t think that he sought to mate with the female, particularly in the current state he was in.X’ies was selfish, he didn’t see much point in mating, it would bring about temporary satisfaction to certain urges, but he had no wish to be part of the aftermath of it. Thus, there was no need. Though it did come to question if it was that, did this man fear that they might have had a past? Or was it more to do with her family than any unique individual among them? He watched as the male let out a howl, calling her to their place.

His next words offered more of an idea of just what this male was talking about. He used the term she and I. To X’ies this indicated that she came first, and was thus the superior out of the two. Something that he found to no ends amusing although this amusement did not show on his face. The second point was that he did not think to mention any others besides himself and her. This could well mean that the two were starting a pack on their own, a dangerous game. Or that he considered the only important individuals required in this conversation to be him and her. Marking his territory either, consciously or subconsciously with his words. Interestingly enough though there was a pause between his introduction and the title of “ friend”. This indicated to X’ies that the words were said through a forced tongue. Suspicious, cautious. Perhaps even a little worried.

“ ….Well I could not say for certain…moving on my old injury slows the pace, but it has been many days…”

And that’s when the female arrived, he remembered her from when she was a pup and the coat remained largely the same. Although a few things had changed, most notably her current level of maturity, there was of course a stirring in him as there would be for all males. But quickly that was forced down by the weight of his own mental thought. He had no use for such things, clear mind. Clear objective. Clear goal. ” It has been a long time curious one” said X’ies, invoking that old name he had granted upon her in their youth. With this he would limp forward a step, then show the owl feathered leather band upon his leg. Indicating his family. “ Sorry I had to trick your friend here into calling you, but then that always has been my game”. He had gotten now what he wanted from Jaden and so would cast off one half of the disguise, that being the pitiful stranger seeking information about his family. His eyes would change now from lazy, to decisive. Watchful, an almost creeping grin moving up the side of his maw as he popped one fang to hang out.

“ I wonder if you remember me, but more importantly I’m here based upon things I have heard of you….tell me curious one, just what is it you do here?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread