Prodical Son
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

It was no different than a child speaking to a pup, and despite her age and experienced gained through the seasons, she felt no different than the youth she had been when compared to the intellect of the scruffy male before it. It as an aggravating feeling to which she would never admit, but endured none the less to appease both her own pride and their land’s relaxing guest. His brand was a kind that was not savory to those whose pallets were not accustomed to its taste and even to those that were, it was still bitter and uncomfortable going down. His words to her attested to this, earning raised hackles and quivering lips in retort. Nothing other than threat sat on her tongue but the words never left as she exercised her commendable calm and did well to maintain it. A deep breath and the ridge beneath her flowing mane smoothed down, more so by the captured minute traces of home that was not easily rid from the Lambda than the actual act itself.

Yet his crafty tongue was not reserved only for her as his attention was drawn to her companion for a time, earning the full onset of what was meant to be a subdued growl. The sound swelled without warning as the female rose from her set as well to loom over the dingy male to caution his further actions.

“With every word…you are making it difficult for me to extend the same happiness in seeing you…” Her parted maw managed with some reluctance to close as again she was forced to deeply breathe to find her place of calm. “But understandably, we cannot fight who we are… and your tongue is as a part of you as my claws are a part of me. Perhaps before we are made to determine which has the better sting…we should talk in private? Surely you do not expect me to believe that you and my brother left our home just to find me…” Or she sincerely hoped this was not the case. Behind her annoyed façade was a fear hardly stirred, not since the earlier seasons when she first set out on her journey. Would she again be made to look over her shoulder, fearful that she would be made to return home? She needed to know…but did not want to hear the truth especially if it was meant to force a difficult decision.

407 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread