surrounded by your embrace
[html]

-chews saulin-

The littlest whine that escaped his belle just about broke his heart and he allowed a self indulgent sweep of her cheek and neck to try and soothe. He could see the utter confusion and pain clouding her eyes and he knew he was going to have to administer some kind of medication soon. Of course, he couldn't relieve the pain until he'd gauged the extent of her injuries and that included the tactile examination. Her face remained blank as he gently felt her head, around her ears and the back of her head before coming up the back and over the crown. He knew immediately when he'd touched the pain. The heat that radiated from the partial lump, as well as the almost spongy quality of the patch of skin was a definite give away. The yelp that came from Lilin however was enough to tell him she'd had enough. Her instinctive movement was allowed and he stood up with an apologetic smile.

"One moment, I just have to get something from the other room." He said softly, exiting the bedroom for just a few short seconds. He was pleased that he knew where everything was and was able to grab the plants quickly. She was going to have to chew them- he couldn't put them in water or crush them. He entered once more, folding the little bundle of willow bark in a leaf of arnica and wrapping this whole bundle in a bunch of fennel, that would hydrate her. He returned and knelt down, cinnamon backed ears perking as she spoke. Her original hiss was taken with a soft snort and the nod of his head, but it quickly progressed into something like a defensive beg. He gave a soft shush, a hand caressing her arm softly. "Its okay Lili, I believe you."

He cooed softly, before her almost defeated voice came again, admitting that she couldn't remember her attacker or what had happened. That would make it difficult for Saul to track them down, but he would do it however he had to. He nodded softly, reassuring her that everything was okay. She was safe now, and that was all that matters. "Will you chew this for me? It won't taste nice at all... the fennel will be really juicy though and it'll help you swallow." He asked, before placing the bundle on her tongue. He smiled at her, a tender and caretaking smile. "Can you tell me when your head starts to feel better?" He asked, knowing it was going to take about ten minutes for the willow bark to get into her bloodstream and take effect. Shuffling to sit properly on the floor, Saul waited, green eyes never leaving blue.

word count → 456 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread