hush, little baby
[html]

Word Count → 401 ::
My immense apologies everyone! Now.. let's bring some puppies into the world! Big Grin

It wasn’t long after Sirius made his call that others began to arrive. Clover was slightly distracted as contractions rippled through her torso, but her gaze lifted to find the witch woman Siv within the King’s own chambers. For the moment she remained silent, listening to the words of the women around her and silently preparing herself for what was to come.

Clover did not mind the arrival of Alessandra, though the woman was not familiar to her. However, since she was a part of Salsola, she was instantly warranted Clover’s trust. Anyone whom Sirius saw fit to be a member of his Salsolan family was accepted by the Lykoi woman. After a sharp intake of breath as a contraction stirred within, Clover finally spoke in soft tones, "No, I don’t want that." Though she understood the intent behind the leather, somehow it seemed too binding to the woman. Clover wanted this birth, this miracle of life, to be as natural and peaceful as possible and somehow the idea of bearing down on a piece of leather made this birthing process seem far too barbaric. One hand lifted to wave away the idea, but that wasn’t to say she wasn’t appreciative of these women around her.

When the idea of Sirius’ departure was proposed, pale yellow eyes instantly were wide and sought the apple green of her King. She would not speak out of turn, and would wait for the man to make his own decision, but Clover longed for him to see the message in her eyes. Please stay, they begged him. The King would never love her the way she loved him, but it did not change the fact at all that she needed his support and wanted him at her side. His refusal to miss the birthing of his children brought a wave of relief and Clover could not help but feel a warmth spread within her she could only caulk up to her ever growing love for the brooding man.

"No, I’ll be fine," she once again reassured the healer at the offer of leather. The contractions were beginning to come closer together now, and the sudden dampness blooming beneath her thighs alerted Clover that her water had broke and that this delivery would be happening very, very soon. Over it all, Clover couldn’t help but feel an immense sense of excitement, tainted only by slight anxiety.

<style>
.clover-x02-box {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/eJOxs.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:160px; height:250px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.clover-x02 {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.clover-x02 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.clover-x02 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.clover-x02 p { text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0; }
.clover-x02 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread