A Different Kind of Game
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

It would take more than a word to bring forth the bloodshed of her brethren, but how the darker part of her mind favored just enough ill placed word from the Lambda’s mouth to invoke a bloodletting of a different kind. He knew well the power of his own words and he withheld none of it against her. But the onslaught was endured, braced by the memory of how they had been as children, innocent without a care. Sneaking away from their destined paths to steal precious time and make it their own. It was solely that resurfaced memory that kept her mouth closed and paws firmly planted as he dragged the sharply craft blade across her soul.

What did he know of knives? It was doubtfully any had gotten close to the brute to betray, let alone graze him with anything close to it. What did he know of the fear of abandonment? The pain that came with its finality… What did he know of love and its vicious sting when it was not strong enough to prevail over all? These words of his, though painful on more than just the surface, were but assumptions…possibilities, rather than truth. What she had suffered before did not mean it would happen again. She had to trust that to not be crippled by his words… She had to believe that these trespasses would not transpire again.

Yet, she could not readily turn her eyes to him again and instead let them fall to the calm depths of the lake. “X’ies…” her voice was terribly soft, nearly lost to the lap of the water against the bank. “…I will say this only once to you as clearly as I can make it. As a Nomad…and as one whom I called my friend, I will extend this warning to you. We are not on our native lands any longer, nor are we governed by the structure of our forebears. And thus… if you wish to ‘generously’ provide your aid and continue to find peace when you rest…do well to keep your skills in check. A word from our brethren that you have forcibly placed another in disease… I will be sure to show you the discipline that only an Exultare can exact. …but I have faith the ancestors will not let the circumstances come to that…”

392 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread