The life of a merchant
[html]

(476)

Myrika is by Kiri!

The little paw in her own was surprisingly small, surprisingly light. Myrika smiled at Lux and gave her hand a little reassuring squeeze, then let their hands fall, not wishing to make the small one nervous with any prolonged contact. Her father shuffled toward the horse and produced various trinkets, setting them out before her. Myrika was impressed by the vast array of things and how different each was. She studied them and nodded with the man's translation, keeping her eyes on either the child or the things she'd made. Somehow, that seemed more polite than keeping her gaze on Rain, even though he was the one speaking.

You have a lot of talent, especially for one so young, Myri praised, grinning. Those necklaces are very pretty. I make leather -- pelts and bags and other things, but I've never thought to make a necklace before. Would you trade me one of these? I'll call my horse and see what I have to give you in return. Myri typically carried a few essentials with her on her horse -- traders weren't uncommon and it was good to keep a few spare things around in case of encountering one. Myrika twisted her head around and looked for Cahal. The big bay stallion was grazing a few yards away; she yipped at him and waved her hand. The horse lifted his head and she waved again, motioning for him to come. He took a few steps forward and snorted. Myri made a face and waved yet again, and it was only then that the big horse came closer.

The redhead caught the animal's reins and was preparing to stand when the little hybrid asked another question, tugging at her ears. It was a question that rather abruptly shoved thoughts of trade from the hybrid's mind. Cahal dipped his head low and nudged at her shoulder, but she only stroked his cheek a moment and pushed his head away, frowning at the little coyote. She understood this question quite well.

Some wolves... think that coyotes are lesser creatures, she said. Your dad isn't one of those wolves -- I can see that plain enough. He wouldn't raise a coyote if he felt that way. I grew up near a wolf pack, and I always stood out pretty sore. Big ears, little muzzle, she said, her tawny ears flattening into the wild thicket of red hair atop her head. She didn't like remembering that part of Thornloe -- it was better to just think of her father and her sister. I know what you're going through. It'll be okay, she said, smiling in reassurance as her ears perked back up. Just remember your dad loves you, and there are coyotes in Inferni who wouldn't think twice about the way you look.

<style>
#myrikaKiri {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myrikaKiri p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#myrikaKiri .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#myrikaKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#myrikaKiri u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaKiri b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread