birdsong and butterflies
[html]

WC :: 340 ::

Heat was an unfair thing. While all else was in bloom, Palaydrian felt far from appealing in the springtime atmosphere. She wouldn’t throw herself a pity party though, she had never been one to focus on her looks or even think of herself as beautiful, but she knew she looked like a monster now, even if it was only temporary. It pained her see her pack mates wince when they looked at her, but she really couldn’t blame them. She had allowed herself to look in the water earlier and the sight caused her already marred face to screw up in dismay. She looked part raccoon from the bandit mask on her eye...but more akin to roadkill.

Drin’s moment of hurt embarrassment was dissuaded by Zalen and her pack brother’s comment. Though she knew his words along with Tharin’s were in jest and shouldn’t be taken too seriously, she still felt her heart flutter at the thought. It’s the heat... she reminded herself, hiding the grin that played on her lips as she too laid back in the sunshine with a small giggle, allowing her head to be propped up on her folded arms. Her tail beat the ground in a lazy wag, she was thankful for such flattering company.

Zalen’s accusation caused the giggling girl to cough, but soon erupt into more laughter at being called a jewel. The golden femme slapped the grass with a hand as if saying “no more” before she was able to speak up again. You two are too much! She cried, wiping a gleeful tear from her right eye. Tis true I have feelings for that red maned man...I suppose his courting hasn’t been so discreet, she said returning a smirk and a wink to Zalen. But I’m afraid he thinks I’m too fragile now...to even propose such an idea, she said with a sigh, realizing that she had been carrying that burden on her chest since the attack.

Credit goes to Haley for such a pretty table! <3.

<style type="text/css">
.drinbird b {font-weight:bold; color:#d74a65; letter-spacing:1px; }
.drinbird .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.drinbird p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.drinbird {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#bfbfc0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ty8C5.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 440px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ed6262; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread