my heart, waiting in the rain
Hey all! So this is the Agriculture plot thread #2. It’ll focus on gathering the seeds and getting everything ready. We’ll be planting corn, alfalfa, beans, oats, and sunflowers! The corn will be for all of the animals, while the alfalfa and beans will be for hay for the cattle and sheep, the sunflowers are for the chickens, and the oats (and corn) will be for umbrella companion planting so that they’ll shield the alfalfa and beans.

Your character can either choose to help prepare the seeds or help prepare the tools. We’ll be taking stock of our inventory (this includes both seeds and tools). We’ll need to make sure our harnesses for our animals are working and not broken. If they are, we’ll get Simcha to fix them! Feel free to find something that is broken so that we have something to fix!

This thread is set a few days after the first Agri thread. There’s no set date, so fit it into your timeline wherever is convenient.

Date: A few days after thread #1
Time of day: Sunrise
Claudius' form: Optime

No tables, please! :}

[html]
[/html]Claudius was glad to have such a reliable group helping him, Ulilohi, and Luna with the planting season. He was even happier to see that Hadley had turned up from Casa di Cavalieri. All in all, their somewhat ragtag group (though, he supposed the entire tribe was a bit of a renegade group of rascals if he was being honest) would certainly get the job done.

“Thuh-thanks fo-o-or all co-oming to… help,” he began. He grinned at everyone who had already arrived and paused for a moment, hoping a few more might turn out. He was standing in front of the Great Hall, where most of their supplies were stored. He’d brought a few of his own personal tools—notably his carving knife if they needed to fix any of their tools—for the occasion. As always, he’d stowed them safely away in his satchel, which sat a few paces behind him, leaning against the wall to the Great Hall.

“Wuh-we-we nee-eed to take stock… of what we… have… and what we-e-e-e need… to get. Si-si-i-i-imcha… here… will help me wi-ith any repa-a-airs,” he explained, and then gestured to the other wolf, who grinned widely and nodded his head in approval, “and we-e-e-e will… need… someone… who can wr-r-i-i-ite… and keep… a tally… of wha-a-a-at is broken… and ho-o-ow many we-e-e-e have… of each tool…” He paused and then took a deep breath. “I a-a-a-also… need someone… who kno-o-ows… how to account for… the seeds. The-e-e-ey a-a-a-are in… pots… ceramic… pots… in the Great Hall… we nee-eed to make sure… they’re still good. We’ll… be planting… a-a-a-alfalfa… beans, co-o-o-rn, beats… oats, and… sunflow-w-w-wers. Whe-e-e-en we’re… done… we can plo-o-ot… out… where we’ll… plant… for the next group…. Who… will do the planting. A-a-a-and… anything else… you guys… can think of.” With that done, he took one massive breath, glad it was over. Once everyone picked their tasks, this would be much, much easier.[html]
[/html]
WC: 323

Messages In This Thread