my heart, waiting in the rain

Payne mewled unhappily as Gemma strapped her close to her chest along with her brother. The pale mother tutted good naturedly and whispered to the small black and white child,

"Hush now my darling. We're going to help now, we're going to be part of the tribe." Her own eyes stared back at her, too large for the face they sat in but oh so adorable and innocent. They blinked and Payne gurgled to herself, still silent in terms of speaking. Her equally as black and white brother was more talkative, uttering short words here and there. It was an amazing transformation from small blind, deaf bundles, though they were still small bundles. Nate was asleep, not phased at all by the movement of his mother or his sisters soft whimpers. The woman was adorned in the blues of good luck as she was constantly now, holding fast to the AniWayan beliefs.. no, to her beliefs that it would bring her good fortune, she would need every miniscule amount of it to raise her children right.

She made her way quickly towards the town hall where the Great Fire burned fiercely. Their newest leader, the oh so deserving Claudius was there to greet them. At the heat of the fire and the noise of the others Nate too woke up and blinked with his huge black eyes at his fellow pack-mates. She couldn't see Frodo from where she was standing so moved closer to better hear the stuttering co-leader. Nate chose that moment to let out an inquiring wail, and Gemma hushed him quietly, looking about herself, afraid he might have disrupted proceedings.

When he was asking for who would volunteer, her hand was surprisingly the first one up. Amongst her rudimentary hunting skills were something that Giuseppe and Matteo had managed to teach her in her long months in Anathema, the ability to count and write.

"Claudius, I can keep the tally, and write down what needs to be fixed." Emboldened by her speech the woman's fluffy tail waved back and forth tentatively. She could help, she knew she could, this was a skill she owned.

Messages In This Thread