my heart, waiting in the rain
[html]

At sunrise, there was yet another gathering for the agriculture project that everyone had been working so hard on. Frodo woke from his hut and gathered his shirt and cloak around him, buttoning them both at the chin before setting out into the day. He'd woken early and yet there was already a steady crowd of people willing to help out of the goodness of their hearts. He didn't expect anything less from AniWaya. The black wolf spotted Gemma up ahead, babes in arm, and he lifted his gold-flecked face to get a good look. They were all fine, all three of them. That was good to know. He was with them almost all the time, but every morning he woke up worrying.

Frodo scurried over to his friend and children, and smiled warmly. He watched as Gemma volunteered to help out with the writing, and he felt glad that she was finally gaining some confidence. Their stammering co-leader looked very confident too, he noticed, despite his way with speech. That was something Frodo admired, and strived to be like.

Calmly, he raised his hand. I'll lend a daisy where I can. Plantin', fetchin', carryin', you name it. he was confident in his abilities, and more than willing to be told what to do. He'd never been a dominant sort of guy, and had grown up in a community where he was commanded to do something. It was no different here. He'd grown up here, practically, he'd come a boy and now he was a man.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread