my heart, waiting in the rain
Whoever goes into the hall with Claudius can just write them carrying out the pots of seeds and someone else can try to find the tools! The writers can find writing utensils in Claudius' bag. Big Grin Since they don't have paper, they can use paint (in the hall) to mark the pots and mark the tools with what does and doesn't work. Claudius has some homemade paper and some ink in his bag they can use. I think that makes sense for post-apocalypse writing tools? Let me know if you have any better ideas. XD

[html]
[/html]Claudius grinned at Gemma’s pups, knowing that they wouldn’t notice him grinning, which made him smile all the more widely. They were adorable little fluffballs of noise and smell, but he liked them despite this. Knowing that there were children in AniWaya after being without them for so long made him feel warm and happy. Jiva brought new life to the tribe and he hoped that the older puppy would be a good playmate for these new ones. He liked puppies, he realized, and was a little jealous that Gemma had been blessed with such a gift. The spirits did smile upon her and saw her through her hard times in the end.

His grin widened, naturally, when Gemma volunteered to keep a written log of what they had. He hadn’t realized that she knew how to read and write. He could, too, but he thought his skills would be better utilized in keeping everyone organized and overseeing the project, so he was grateful for her help. He nodded quickly in response, but wasn’t able to say much, since Gemma’s offer of help was quickly followed by many more.

He saw Hadley move to find some of the tools that were laid out. He knew that there were more hiding in the hall, so they’d have to carry everything out.

Like Gemma, it seemed as though Aranck could read and write. Claudius was surprised, since he didn’t think many could, but realized that it suited the older wolf. He would be one to know how to use such skills. Claudius quickly nodded in agreement and replied with a quick word of thanks.

Luna also volunteered to help Aranck and Claudius nodded encouragingly and added a quick, “guh-great,” before scanning the group for more volunteers. Frodo was the last, but offered to help in any way, which made Claudius grin. He was so positive! He was glad to have his help.

“Guh-great, tha-a-at all sounds f-i-i-i-ine to muh-me,” he replied generally. “O-okay, Juh-Gemma… will handle… too-ool ca-a-a-talo-uh-guing… A-a-a-ranck… will cover… seed ca-a-a-taloguing… wuh-with Lu-una… Haa-a-a-dley, you’ve… already started o-on exa-a-a-amining the tools,” he continued, laughing, “Fuh-Frodo, we have muh-more in the ha-a-all. Thuh-huh-huh see-eeds… are still… in the hall… so we wuh-will… have to cuh-carry them… out… I think… to see-ee them… better…” he mused. “Wuh, whe-e-e-en… we’re duh-done, Fuh-frodo… Luh-luna… and Aa-a-a-ranck… wuh we ca-a-an… puh-plot the fields… I’ll tuh-try… to find some… sticks… and branches… to mark them… after… but first… we nuh-need… to find everything… in the town hall.” With that, Claudius entered the hall and began looking around. There were some pots of seeds in a corner. He beckoned for whoever had followed him in to help him carry them out.[html]
[/html] WC: 454

Messages In This Thread