[dnd!] birds of a feather
[html]
(375)

After shifting her gaze away from the raven to the scarred coywolf when she spoke her thanks, she noticed the surprised look on her face. She blinked back, and realized that not every knew low speech, and Vesper was perhaps caught off guard by it. When the bird replied back, she gave a tiny nod of her head, and looked back to the woman as she asked the inevitable. "I sure do. I don't know every other creature's language out there if that's what you mean, but I'm pretty good with birds and horses." She wondered if the other was more interested in it than she let on, but there were more pressing matters on her mind.

Alyssum felt anxious when the one-earred hybrid stated that it was only a few months ago. Where was she when this was occurring? Spending drunk nights in Freetown, that's where, not even thinking of Inferni for once. Ultimately shamed, she only felt a little better when Vesper confirmed that most of her acquaintances were okay. "Gabriel's son?" she echoed, a bit surprised. She did not know the gruff male had children... It was hard to imagine, honestly. But, she did not question it, nor disbelieved it. "I am happy to hear Kaena is alright, and I guess I can only hope the same for Kesho.

Where there...any causalities at all? If you do not mind me asking." She knew a few others, but did not realize that most of them were long gone, save a handful. She believed all the younger coyotes would have dealt well with the war than the more aged, but she saw those who were fit for battle lose because of so many things: pride, overconfidence, overall foolishness.

The coppery woman was terrible at lying. It was because she did not like it unless when it was direly necessary. But, with the magpie's help, Stark was seemingly convinced that she was just a frequent hunter, and she let it go at that. Wanting to change the subject quickly, she grabbed at the first thing that came to mind. "Low speech, I can show you a few phrases if you want." Maybe that would distract both the raven and Vesper from her, she thought.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread