[dnd!] birds of a feather
[html]

I SO SLOW :C

Vesper nodded a little as the other hybrid explained what she knew of low speech. The thought that there was anyone who could talk to every other creature’s language almost frightened her with its strangeness, but she knew that Helotes had learned to communicate with his horse and—obviously—that birds could be spoken to, too. She remained silent on this point, however, trying to figure out the least awkward way (for her, at least) to bring up the fact that she wanted to learn how to talk to her own bird. It might make her seem petty to not have picked up on it before, considering how close she and Stark were.

The names of her clan mates spoken by this woman unnerved the Centurion a bit, and she flattened her ear. Her expression betrayed nothing until Alyssum asked about casualties, at which point her brows pinched together. “Not on our side,” she answered, her tone detached. The thing that had eluded her clicked, but she was quiet, scanning the other’s face with idle flickers of her blue eyes. The change of subject didn’t faze her, either.

“I’d love it if you could,” Vesper said, but she didn’t smile. She stood languidly, but her voice and expression were direct: “First, though, I’d like to know—why do you care?”

It was obvious what she was talking about. She would not waste breath on explanation. She stared, and waited.

<style type="text/css">
.vesrcai b {font-weight:bold; color:#9da3ae; text-shadow:#05070c 1px 1px 2px;}
.vesrcai b.npc {font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}
.vesrcai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.vesrcai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#202230; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/vxduN.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #171924; padding:260px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8c9195; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.vesrcai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread