Thought i could fly. So why did i drown?
[html]
<33

Her lighthearted laugh was refreshing and Saul felt a corresponding grin slick across his lips. He was grateful that jibes like these were taken with such a response and he thought perhaps it might become a precedent for his future relationship with Grace. She would challenge him, he knew that already. But he also welcomed this challenge, because they would both benefit from a relationship that wasn't so heavy and dragging. Her body seemed to tense slightly as her questions was asked, breathing out a breath of relief when he professed Vinátta's neutrality on other packs. They had no interest in messing with other packs unless it was to set up trade and ally routes. He supposed having Grace here would mean that their chances of getting off in good stead with Anathema were increased. Her words caused him to look up from his thoughts, a serene smile on his face. "I understand Grace, you are not selfish." He said simply, perhaps able to pay the female a compliment while she was distracted and therefore unable to quip back at him.

Her warning was met with a soft snort and the nod of his head. He also understood this part of her personality- his own possessions were organised and neat, topped up regularly. If others had messed up his things, he would have been mad. "No-one here is likely to treat you or your possessions with anything but respect. If you do find any different, I will be more than happy to deal with it." He offered. In truth, he and Lilin had no discussed their opinions of disciplining pack members, but he was certain he could come up with something should the situation arise. Her next question caused him to shake his head softly, before he spoke. "We're were small, but there are a few more of us now and we wanted to build a village hall not far from Jordheim. Once that's done, we'll be looking to build a library. You're help will be much appreciated- I'll have to let you know when we've sorted something out!" He chuckled, his tail swinging softly as the pair moved towards Jordheim.

She asked another question and Saul suppressed a smile- she reminded him a bit of Ara, who had a problem with the sheer amount of words coming from her mouth. Of course, Grace's questions were valid and he answered preliminarily with a nod. "We found some stables nearer the lake that she can go in. There are three other horses there, hopefully she's alright with them. As for others, half of Vinátta are wary of horses so I don't think injury will be a problem." He offered, though he couldn't keep a laugh escaping at her exclamation at finding her horse injuring another funny. The images were funny, although Saul knew he would probably have to fix up anyone who got too close to Mai. Their conversation had taken them to Jordheim and Saul motioned for Grace to wait where she was, disappearing inside his house to grab a bundle in his arms. He exited once more before holding the package out for her.

"Welcome to Vinátta, Grace. This is a welcome pack to help you out." He said, mentally going through what was in there. A pair of rabbit furs and a larger lynx pelt nestled in the larger deer skin that held the package together. A hunting knife and a dagger lay side by side, next to a small bottle of wine and the Frithr necklace that symbolised a lot in Vinátta. He paused, before glancing around. "Any of these houses are yours to claim- just make sure no-one else is living there first!" He chuckled, his mind giving him images of Grace moving in to Miskunn house- the Godja would have been most perturbed.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c39b6a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebjuly02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly02 {margin:0 auto; width:462px; background-color:#cdbfb2; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... bjuly2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796857; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#796857; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
639+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread