Salt and Iron
[html]

wc: 442

Frodo heaved a sigh of relief as the stranger simply giggled when his son licked her feet. You just couldn't be too careful these days, especially with two pups in tow. There were some sinister people about. Not that this lady looked sinister, or anything. In fact, she looked very pleasant. But it had been a risk to bring the young pups out into the open so shortly after their arrival to the world. That's alright then. he chuckled, and he untensed so that Nate could realise he wasn't in trouble after all. The boy looked up at his dad for another reassurance, to make sure it was okay to check out the fun, shiny-new stranger, and then decided that it was okay. He cautiously stepped forward once more, tail wagging as he ogled the young woman.

She seemed to either not realise they were filthy, or not care. Either way, it didn't look like she was going to comment on it, at least not in a nasty way, so Frodo's confidence grew. He scraped away some of the mud that had dried, mostly from his calves and neck, and shook out his shaggy ginger mane that was covered in knots and braids and feathers. That I do. he grinned in reply to her next words. I prefer to skedaddle a bow, rather than anythin' else, you follow? arrows were his favourite thing to wield, and his bow was almost like his best friend. He spent most of his time making repairs on the wood, polishing the fine surface with oil, and changing the string.

Nate-River leapt at the chance to come closer to a stranger, and when Eclipse knelt down he sniffed at her torso and her chest, his nose twitching very fast and repeatedly. He yipped excitedly and rested his paws on her, oddly friendly for some reason. Frodo laughed and placed Payne down too, who had started to wriggle, and she ran around the lady and her brother, sniffing the peculiar scents.
Nice to meet yer. I'm Frodo Silvertongue, this a-here's my adopted daughter, Payne Silvertooth, and my adopted son, Nate-River Silvertooth. he used the word adopted as it came naturally to him, although the words felt odd on his tongue. He wasn't allowed to tell anyone they were actually his. As far as everyone else knew, they were Matteo's. Even if Eclipse had never been to AniWaya before, he still had to keep up the lie. Nate and Payne were still too young to know what adopted meant, but eventually Frodo supposed they would learn the truth of the matter. We're uppin' down from AniWaya. How 'bout you?

<style type="text/css">
.frodo2cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#e8dc95; text-shadow:#1b190c 1px 1px 2px;}
.frodo2cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.frodo2cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#a0965d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NAi9W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #281f0a; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ebe7cf; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.frodo2cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.frodo2cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.frodo2cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread