Salt and Iron
[html]

wc: 428 ;'DD derp

At least she knew how to skin a deer. That was something not completely hopeless, at least. He wasn't exactly sure what she meant when she said that she used it "with my plants", but he assumed she must mix things up a bit when cooking. Frodo didn't personally know anything about flavours or taste, he just ate what he could when he could. Although, he did prefer his meat cooked. That was perhaps something a little more humanized about him. That and the fact he'd rather use tools to hunt than his teeth. But he had never been a big fan of clothes, unless they were practical. He loved his cloak, and sure, it looked good, but that had never been the aim of it. The aim of it had been to keep warm, not to make himself look better. He'd always been a very practical man, not caring much about his appearance but having quite a high self esteem anyway.

Odd. Plants, huh? he said, trying to edge her into explaining herself. Plants'r foods for herbies.. like my horse, Strider. he grinned, and then watched her expression as he gathered his children up into the basket. He wanted more than anything than to tell her - to tell the world - how they actually were his children, but how would that make Gemma feel? Thankyer very much lady Eclipse. Yer a nice girl. They've never known nobody different, so I'm a-thinkin' thence they'll match me as Dad up until heaven. Safe as milk.

It was probably the safest way for them, to think of Frodo as dad, at least until they were old enough to understand otherwise. Sooner or later they'd see mates with pups, and see how mates were loving with each other while Gemma and Frodo were just friendly. They'd work out something wasn't right, and Frodo supposed they'd have to tell the pups that their real father was Matteo. Or maybe just ask them to lie about it, and tell everyone their father was Matteo. Wait, that wasn't right... was he really the kind of person to make his own children lie? Everyone lied, but it was never encouraged. I know Jace! No sweat, didn't know she were a mommy. Send her my love and all that, squirt. he grinned. S'good idea. Aint goin' nowhere in particular, but might need to head back soon. We can tag along though. Match me, Sidney! he summoned, tightening the straps on the basket and walking forwards a little, his pace holding back to let Eclipse follow.

<style type="text/css">
.frodo2cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#e8dc95; text-shadow:#1b190c 1px 1px 2px;}
.frodo2cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.frodo2cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#a0965d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NAi9W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #281f0a; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ebe7cf; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.frodo2cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.frodo2cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.frodo2cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread