Salt and Iron
[html]

wc: 607 mreeeh..when people write a lot of stuff I tend to get more muse and write even longer. D:

He was quite surprised to know what exactly she used the plants for. He hadn't heard of those methods, so he made a mental note to try and mix and match some things for another time, when he had fresh meat to cut. He'd probably end up poisoning himself, but oh well. He just didn't know all that much about plants. He knew what plants horses were poisonous too - every horse owner knew that. He'd often pluck up Ragwort and other vicious greenery from around the pasture fields where his Strider and the other horses ate. The plant grew almost tauntingly wherever his legs found him, and he hated the very leaves of it.

He didn't mind she took long to answer him - he was used to that. At least she was actually attempting to work things out instead of full out saying to him she didn't understand what he was saying. He admired that, a sort of determination. Most wolves round here thought they were oh so brave, and determined, but bravery and determination didn't just come down to fighting, and saving loved ones. It came down to speaking too, and trying new things out. Could the same wolf save a life but then participate in a conversation with someone very odd and strange without deeming themselves a failure? I don't even know 'er very well. But, she saved me from eternal damnation. Death, so to speak. Along with X'yrin.

He'd met X'yrin months afterwards, and she'd saved him yet again. She'd made him stronger, taught him how to fight, and in turn he'd made her a cloak. It was a time since he'd last seen her. He supposed she was busy with her mate, or whatever. Frodo admired her mate, but he had sort of scared him, especially as he'd been a boy when they'd met. But he had still adored the way he had held himself. And Eclipse, too, Frodo was really starting to like her. She wasn't fussy, and she seemed terrible nice. She wasn't ashamed of not knowing things and actually eager to discover anything new. He grinned when she proposed him teaching her about his own bow. I'd like that. he smiled warmly. Call for me whenever, AniWaya's where I'll be, I'll keep my looker's peeled for yer.

A curfew? No way, holy ghost. he continued. Not a chopper of a curfew, but the littlies need their mother, their scrawny lil' chicken legs need fattenin' up. he smiled adoringly, tilting his head back to check on the pups in the basket. The mention of their mother might set thoughts off in Eclipse's head, though, he figured. What if she thought she was mates with her? Still, it would be embarrassing to explain. What would she care anyway? He snuck a look at his new friend - young, beautiful, and a nice personality, she probably had boys crawling all over her left right and centre before he could ever catch her eye.

His attention went back on the pups, then. He'd got a little bit suspicious that they were so quiet. And then he realised they were both asleep, squashed on top of each other, backs gently rising and falling with calm breathing. He curled round to stroke Payne's head with one finger, and did the same with Nate before turning back to face Eclipse. He talked to her in a low voice, still walking by her side on steady paws. My Eclipse, seems the lights are out for the boys and girls, we might have to talk in whisperings. he said softly, winking at her with a knowing smile.

<style type="text/css">
.frodo2cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#e8dc95; text-shadow:#1b190c 1px 1px 2px;}
.frodo2cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.frodo2cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#a0965d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NAi9W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #281f0a; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ebe7cf; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.frodo2cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.frodo2cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.frodo2cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread