Salt and Iron
[html]

wc: 571 only reason I'm finishing this up is because I want us to get to the next one x'D

His movements were feeble as he remembered the moments in his life where he'd met another stranger around this place. He'd given a year of his life to the lands round here, to AniWaya, and a lot had changed. He'd met many people, but he never seemed to visit them afterwards. He always looked to the future though, and was confident he'd make some more permanent friends eventually. Like Gemma and Io. He considered those the friends he talked to the most often, and plus, he lived in the same pack as them. Io was a good friend of Gemma's, too, so it was all good. Sometimes it felt like he was forgotten elsewhere, though. Did nobody remember him any more? Especially those from his homeland...he constantly felt like he was crouching in a cold, dark room, always looking over his shoulder.

Sometimes he wished he hadn't met some of the people he had. Not because they were not nice people, but rather because he felt so alone when he departed from them. He was better off secluded rather than making friends only to leave them again. It didn't help that AniWaya was so far off to the South, compared to the other packs. Another door opened to him though, when Eclipse spoke back to him. He lifted his head, shaggy mane scraping back from his forehead so more of his eyes were visible. They lit up from a melting forest-green to a shining lime at her words. But then he looked down again. They were his pups...Gemma had said so... he couldn't bare to live under a lie. But at the same time, Eclipse's words had their own truth- he was still good to be a father to them, especially as nobody was allowed to know about their real blood. T-thanks. he choked out, spluttering a little as he tried to regain his normal expression. For once he had nothing extra to say, nothing to add on to the end. He had suddenly got all emotional. Warmth rarely reached him recently. Yer too kind. he continued, feeling flushed as he met her eye.

They'd walked quite a long way by this time, and he felt the forest break and saw the horizon up ahead. They were getting a long way away from his home. He felt the pups stir in the basket, heard a couple of yawns that reminded him he had ties that were starting to break if he pushed on any further. As much as he'd like to venture off into the unknown, he could not. His ears pricked at her latest comment. That's good. he said cheerfully, tongue lolling out of his mouth in a goofy manner. Than he realised the nature of what he'd said, and his smile vanished. I mean, it's bad...ehh, different story, morning glory. he winced, fidgeting nervously as his shaking fingers tousled his hair. He spotted the edge of the territory and he stopped walking. He actually noticed that his legs had begun to ache. It'll be lights out soon... he said, sneaking a glance at the sky. I think I'll have to dash like a frogger till I'm home free. Skimper up topside and I'm done. he explained awkwardly. He'd really enjoyed speaking to the younger female and it was a shame to leave. Still, if the feeling was mutual she'd be showing up at AniWaya sometime soon.

<style type="text/css">
.frodo2cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#e8dc95; text-shadow:#1b190c 1px 1px 2px;}
.frodo2cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.frodo2cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#a0965d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NAi9W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #281f0a; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ebe7cf; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.frodo2cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.frodo2cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.frodo2cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread