{J} On This Dusty Road I Travel
[html]
At about the exact same time, both Dust's and Kenna's ears swiveled and pricked at the sound of softly approaching pawsteps over the ground. Standing less casually upright and more respectfully as the light pelted woman stepped from the trees, Kenna averted her eyes and her ears splayed and lay back against her head in a lightly submissive gesture. After a second when she realized it, Kenna swiftly removed her hat as well and dipped her head in acknowledgement of the wolfess' presence, embarrassment slightly burning at her cheeks. Dust regarded the scene with intelligent deep brown eyes but made no sound nor movement beside his companion. "Welcome to the borders of Cercatori d'Arte!" Once addressed Kenna raised her gaze (though not looking directly into the Alphess' eyes), a soft smile rising upon her maw. "I am Skye Collins, leader of this pack - who might you be?" Keeping her posture as neutral as possible Kenna already felt less nervous as the woman's own relaxed, joyful attitude became apparent. Inclining her head, her tail giving one small amiable wag, the western gal replied. "Kenna Foxleigh Ma'am. It is a pleasure to meet you." She side glanced at Dust as he gave a soft snort as if saying 'Don't forget me!' and smirked lightly. "And this'd be my boy Dust." She lightly stroked his muzzle much to the Stallion's joy. "Kickin' Up Dust is his full name." She chuckled softly before turning her focus back to the woman in front of her. "I hope I'm not disturbin' ya or anything..." She paused a moment, feeling a small pang of guilt pass through her if she had disrupted Skye's surely busy day in any way. But never the less she continued.

"I've been a loner for a while now, traveling a heck of a lot. And I stumbled across your pack y'see..." She paused again, her ear flickering. "It looks like a really nice place...A place I feel like I might belong..." She gave a hesitant smile. "I was wonderin' if...if ya might consider my joining your ranks miss Skye. I'd mighty appreciate it. I have some skills to offer if ya need?" She offered then fell quiet, feeling a bit self conscious that maybe she was talking too much. Kenna's fingers idley fondled a hole beginning in the brim of her stetson, (she had been meaning to patch it) but she remained calm and waited for Skye's reply.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread